Video Production Internship
ActiveLAMP is a premiere digital firm in Southern California. We specialize in creating bleeding edge technologies for some of the world’s biggest brands. Our mission is to help clients become more successful with their digital goals. Our talented team of developers have had the opportunity to work with some incredible organizations, including Riot Games, XPRIZE Foundation, AARP, UCLA, America’s Promise Alliance, Cesar Millan, and many more!
Working for ActiveLAMP is extremely unique. We are a hybrid organization, with offices in Southern California, as well as talented individuals who are spread throughout the US. We may not all be in one central location, but we are passionate about sustaining and continually building a unique and fun culture.
Three qualities are extremely important to us when considering any individual for a position: Humility, Passion, and Excellence. If this is you, let’s connect!
As an intern at ActiveLAMP you will:
- Experience working at a video production company.
- Work in an office environment where you’ll gain teamwork and project management skills that are important in any career.
- Combine book knowledge and classroom instruction with the practical challenges of day-to-day project implementation.
- Be provided the opportunity to meet the internship requirements of your degree program.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assist with art direction, planning, research, and location scouting.
- Use technical camera and lighting skills to shoot interviews and on-location segments.
- Organize and prepare raw and finished footage, images, audio, and scripts for use in editing.
- Reorder and edit the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
- Syncing footage and sound.
- Making selects from prepared footage.
- Sound mixing, titles, and color correction.
- Suggest/or select music.
- Experiment with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements, and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using video editing equipment.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in video editing and production.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Minimum 2 years experience with film editing, and familiarity using Premiere Pro and After Effects. Preferred with experience in the entire Adobe suite.
Video Introduction (Optional):
Though not required, we would love to meet you sooner than later! If you are comfortable doing so, we would love to see a 2-3 minute introduction video of yourself and your interest with our internship. It does not have to be a high quality production, you can use your phone or your webcam. Once you have finished the video you can upload it to YouTube (we would suggest making it unlisted and not public) or Vimeo (we would suggest making it password protected and make the password: activelamp). We know some people hate being on camera, this is why we made this optional, but it is extremely helpful to us to get to know you better if you are willing to do it!